Champions of Character
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics Champions of Character program instills an understanding of character values in sport and provides practical tools for student-athletes, coaches and parents to use in modeling exemplary character traits.
Launched by the NAIA in 2000, the Champions of Character program addresses character issues more comprehensively than any other national program for youth. The program reaches hundreds of thousands of students on nearly 300 college and university campuses in North America and extends into their surrounding communities.
The NAIA Champions of Character program is an educational outreach initiative that emphasizes the tenets of character and integrity not only for NAIA college students but also for younger students, coaches and parents in our communities.
Coaches, parents, administrators and community partners all have roles in developing students of character. The NAIA Champions of Character program brings them training, guidelines and behavior models to create positive environments that promote personal growth and fun sport activity.
- Students: Discover how character training benefits academic and athletic achievement.
- Coaches: Learn how Champions of Character can affect your team's attitude and performance.
- Parents: Understand your role and how it benefits your student.
- Administrators: Learn how the program strengthens relationships with the community.
- Partners: Benefit from aligning your organization with positive youth programs.