Science Pioneers Teacherline for Graduate Credit
Baker University is a national graduate credit provider for Science Pioneers Teacherline, which offers teachers, educators and after-school providers two ways to complete high-quality, standards-based courses through fun and flexible professional development opportunities.
Science Pioneers provides the coursework, Baker University provides the graduate credit, and educators gain practical strategies, content and resources for the classroom.
Take Courses Online or at Union Station in Kansas City
Courses are offered in July (10 courses), November (2 courses) and January (2 courses).
- Online courses last 12.5 hours.
- Each course lasts one month and is composed of online readings, tutorials, discussion, videos, webquests and a variety of other resources.
- Face-to-face courses at Union Station last 4.25 hours.
PreK-12 Coursework Areas
- Instructional Strategies
Check the Science Pioneers website for information on upcoming courses.
- Each 12.5-hour online course costs $60 and is payable to Science Pioneers.
- Each 4.25-hour face-to-face courses costs $20 and is payable to Science Pioneers.
- Teachers must take three 4.25-hour courses of their choice throughout the year and create an original lesson plan for each course (for a total of 3) to earn one graduate credit hour.
- Graduate credit is $65 per credit hour and is payable to Baker Universit. (Once you enroll in the Science Pioneers course, you have the option within the course to sign up for graduate credit.)
Science Pioneers Teacherline cost $60 (1 online course or 3 face-to-face courses) + $65 Baker University cost/hour = $125/graduate credit hour
Please note: There are no refunds for Science Pioneers Teacherline courses.
To Receive Baker University Graduate Credit
Enroll directly through Science Pioneers to view course options at http://www.sciencepioneers.org/calendar/events and follow the Baker University graduate credit link.
Once the course begins, students have the option to complete the Baker University online registration form to gain graduate college credit. If you don't complete the Baker University registration form, you will not receive graduate credit. Upon completion of the course, Science Pioneers will send final grades to Baker University to be posted on transcripts.
Students can request a certificate from Science Pioneers that states the specific title of the completed course as the title will not appear on Baker University transcripts.
To receive graduate credit, 12.5 hours of dedicated online work and an original weekly lesson plan based on the topic of that particular week are required. All lesson plans within the class will be shared with other students enrolled.
Please note: Students will be billed by Science Pioneers and Baker University separately.