Qualifiers for the Baker women’s team are Stephanie Nelson (shot put, javelin), Megan Rosa (marathon), Tyler Sloan (100 hurdles, 400 hurdles), Katie Thurbon (pole vault) and Katelyn Wolken (javelin).
Thurbon, a sophomore, enters the meet ranked No. 1 nationally in the pole vault. She continued her season-long dominance with a commanding performance at the HAAC Championships, securing the individual title with a mark of 3.5 meters.
Gathright, a junior, was selected the most valuable athlete at the HAAC Championships. For nationals, he is ranked eighth in the triple jump, 12th in the long jump and 14th in the 400.
Baker coach Zach Kindler believes the Wildcats are ready to compete at a high level.
“We have worked hard all season to reach this point,” said Kindler, the 2012 HAAC conference men’s and women’s coach of the year. “I’m very proud of our teams’ success this year and anticipate a number of All-Americans from this national meet.”
Live scoring can be found at this link.
61st Annual Men's and 32nd Annual Women's NAIA Outdoor Track & Field National Championships
May 24 - 26 | Outdoor Sports Complex | Marion, Ind.
Hosted by Indiana Wesleyan University
Wednesday, May 23:
- Noon - 1:45 p.m.: Hall of Fame Luncheon, IWU Student Center
- 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.: Championship Celebration, IWU Outdoor Pavilion
Thursday, May 24:
- 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.: Track & Field Events
- 4:45 p.m.: Opening Ceremonies
Friday, May 25:
- 9:30 a.m. - 8:45 p.m.: Track & Field Events
- 5:45 p.m.: Senior Recognition
Saturday, May 26:
- 6 a.m.: Marathon starts
- Noon - 6:15 p.m.: Track & Field Events
- 6:30 p.m.: Final Awards Ceremony (start time is approximate)
Timothy P. Riethmiller
- Adults: $6
- NAIA students with ID: $2
- Children age 7 and under: Free
- Three-day pass: $15