Sprinter Tops Baker’s Performances at NAIA Meet
Baker University sprinter Kome Okiomah placed third in the 200-meter dash to lead the Wildcats at the NAIA national track and field meet in Edwardsville, Ill., in May.
Okiomah’s time in the 200 was 21.58. Other top 10 placers for the Baker men were Brian Korn, fourth in the hammer throw (190-2) and Aaron Hannon, 10th in the decathlon (6,007 points).
In the women’s meet, Chelsey Ornburn led the Wildcat entries with a fourth-place finish in the pole vault (11-11.75 inches). Other Baker results were Ashlee Miller, ninth in the high jump (5-5); Aubree Gustin, ninth in the javelin (136-7); and Stephanie Cowell, 12th in the 3,000-meter walk (18:37.77).
The following Baker athletes competed in the 2009 Outdoor National Championships:
- JL Anderson (freshman) 110 meter hurdles, 400 meter hurdles, 4 x 100 meter relay
- Tanner Gleason (sophomore) 4 x 100 meter relay, 4 x 400 meter relay
- Trevor Gleason (senior) 4 x 100 meter relay
- Aaron Hannon (junior) decathlon, 4 x 100 meter relay, 4 x 400 meter relay
- Brian Korn (junior) shot put, hammer throw
- Kome Okiomah (junior) 200 meter dash, 4 x 100 meter relay, 4 x 400 meter relay
- Nick Pannell (freshman) 4 x 100 meter relay, 4 x 400 meter relay
- Gary Van Horn (junior) 4 x 100 meter relay
- Regan Boyer (senior) 4 x 400 meter relay
- Stephanie Cowell (freshman) 3000 meter race walk
- Aubree Gustin (freshman) javelin throw
- Kelsey Heckathorne (Junior) 4 x 400 meter relay
- Jackie Koch (junior) hammer throw
- Ashlee Miller (junior) high jump, long jump, 4 x 400 meter relay
- Chelsey Ornburn (senior) pole vault, 4 x 400 meter relay
- Katey Wegemer (senior) 4 x 400 meter relay