Tips for a Clean & Germ-Free Room
Your suite is your home away from home. To keep it homey, make sure it's clean and report maintenance needs or concerns.
- Sweep and mop your floor regularly.
- Use Windex or Dawn dish soap and a cloth to clean window frames and sills regularly. You may also use mixture of 10% bleach and 90% water.
- Use the fan in the bathroom to assist with ventilation. You can also use a small fan to circulate air.
- Dust regularly. When dust and moisture from condensation mix, they create an environment perfect for mildew and mold.
- Share the responsibilities of cleaning the bathroom. Try creating a schedule.
- Use products such as Comet, Clorox Bleach Wipes, Magic Erasers, Scrubbing Bubbles, Windex and other antibacterial cleaners.
- Wash your hands 20 seconds with warm water especially when you have a cold.
Sample Cleaning Schedule
|Vacuum/sweep ||Wash dishes ||Dust||Empty trash ||Clean room |
|Wash dishes||Dust||Empty trash||Clean room||Vacuum/sweep|
|Dust||Empty trash||Clean room||Vacuum/sweep ||Wash dishes|
|Empty trash||Clean room||Vacuum/sweep ||Wash dishes ||Dust|
Health and safety checks occur throughout the academic year. If you have questions please contact the Student Affairs Office.