Enrollment Process | Baldwin City Campus
Summer & Fall
Advising Period | March 24 – Friday, April 4
The advising period should be used to discuss and plan your schedule with your advisor. Students will not be released to enroll online or in person at the Registrar’s Office without first having met with their academic advisor.
Summer & Fall Online Enrollment | Monday, April 7 – Thursday, April 17
Online enrollment for all currently enrolled degree-seeking and nondegree-seeking teacher certification students will take place between Monday, April 7 and Thursday, April 17.
- Students will be allowed to self-enroll through MyBaker. You will not be cleared to enroll online without first having met with your academic advisor.
- Online enrollment is a real-time system in which your selections are immediately confirmed or a closed course is indicated, so it is to your advantage to enroll near the beginning of your designated enrollment period.
- Identify alternative courses in case a first-choice course closes before your designated enrollment time.
- After enrolling online, go back into your student account to confirm that you actually enrolled in what you meant to enrolled in.
Real-time enrollment through MyBaker will occur according to the following seniority system based on cumulative hours earned, not including your current semester hours:
First Day to Enroll
98 or more (senior standing)
Monday, April 7
64-97 (junior standing)
Wednesday, April 9
30-63 (sophomore standing)
Friday, April 11
0-29 (freshman standing)
Tuesday, April 15
Online enrollment will open at 7 a.m. Baker IT and Registrar's Office staff will be available at 7 a.m. on April 7, 9, 11, 15 to assist with student portal and enrollment issues.
Note: Teacher-certification candidates who already hold a bachelor’s degree may also enroll from the first day of enrollment.
Confirmation of Your Fall Course Schedule
At the conclusion of online enrollment period, the administration will review course enrollments for areas of concern. Any changes to course offerings as a result of this review will be communicated to you and you will have an opportunity to make schedule adjustments.
Summer Enrollment & Confirmation
Summer courses that have low enrollment may be subject to cancellation. You will be informed of cancellations as early as possible and before the start of each summer session.
Four summer sessions are available:
- Summer I on ground | starts Tuesday, May 27
- Summer II on ground | starts Wednesday, July 2
- Full summer | June 2 – August 5
- NEW! Summer away online | June 2 – July 20, $150 per credit hour
- Confirm your enrollment in on-ground summer courses by attending class.
- If you do not attend class by the second day of the session, your enrollment will be deleted.
- Confirm your enrollment in online courses electronically. Information about this process will be sent to online students before the start of the summer session
Late Enrollees for Summer and Fall (April 21 & Later)
Late enrollees will not be able to enroll online but may submit an enrollment form to the Registrar's Office.
Additional Adjustment Period for Fall Schedule
If you have enrolled in courses during the online enrollment period and wish to make adjustments to your schedule, you may do so from Monday, April 21 through the end of final exam week, May 16. Please submit an add/drop form to the Registrar's Office for processing.
- The schedule adjustment option for fall enrollment will expire at the end of the day on Friday, May 16, after which no changes will be permitted until the beginning of the fall semester.
- Schedule adjustments cannot be made online.
These students may enroll by making an appointment with the Registrar's Office beginning Monday, April 21.
Officially Admitted New Freshmen & Transfer Students
Fall Enrollment Confirmation
You will be notified this summer regarding details of the confirmation process.
The fall 2014 semester begins on Monday, Aug. 25!