Enrollment Process | Baldwin City Campus
Summer & Fall 2015
Advising Period | Monday, March 23 – Thursday, April 2
The advising period should be used to discuss and plan your schedule with your advisor. Students will not be released to enroll without first having met with their academic advisor.
Summer & Fall Online Enrollment | Tuesday, April 7 – Friday, April 17
Online enrollment for all currently enrolled degree-seeking and non-degree-seeking teacher certification students will take place between Tuesday, April 7 and Friday, April 17.
- Students will be allowed to self-enroll through MyBaker. You will not be cleared to enroll online without first having met with your academic advisor.
- Online enrollment is a real-time system in which your selections are immediately confirmed or a closed course is indicated, so it is to your advantage to enroll near the beginning of your designated enrollment period.
- Identify alternative courses in case a first-choice course closes before your designated enrollment time.
- After enrolling online, go back into your student account to confirm that what you think you are enrolled in is reality.
Real-time enrollment through MyBaker will occur according to the following seniority system based on cumulative hours earned (does not include current semester hours:
First Day to Enroll
98 or more (senior standing)
Tuesday, April 7
64-97 (junior standing)
Thursday, April 9
30-63 (sophomore standing)
Monday, April 13
0-29 (freshman standing)
Wednesday, April 15
Online enrollment will open at 7 a.m. Baker IT and Registrar's Office staff will be available in the library computer labs at 7 a.m. on enrollment days to assist with student portal and enrollment issues.
Note: Teacher-certification candidates who already hold a bachelor’s degree may also enroll beginning April 7.
Confirmation of Your Fall Course Schedule
At the conclusion of online enrollment, the administration will review course enrollments for areas of concern. Changes to course offerings as a result of this review will be communicated to you and you will have an opportunity to make schedule adjustments.
Summer Enrollment & Confirmation
Summer courses that have low enrollment may be subject to cancellation. You will be informed of a cancellation as early as possible and before the start of each summer session.
Four Summer Sessions Are Available
- Summer I on campus | Starts Tuesday, May 26
- Summer II on campus | Starts Wednesday, July 1
- Full summer | May 26 – August 4
- Summer Away online | June 1 – July 19 ($199 per credit hour of Baker credit from wherever you spend your summer.)
Confirmation of Summer Enrollment
- Confirm your enrollment in on-campus summer courses by attending class.
- If you do not attend class by the second day of the session, your enrollment will deleted.
- Confirm your enrollment in online courses electronically. Information about this process will be sent to you before the start of the summer session.
Late Enrollees for Summer & Fall (April 20 & Later)
Late enrollees will not be able to enroll online but may submit an enrollment form to the Registrar's Office for processing.
Additional Adjustment Period for Fall Schedule
If you have enrolled in courses during the online enrollment period and want to make adjustments to your schedule, you may do so from Monday, April 20 through the end of final exam week, May 15. Please submit an add/drop form to the Registrar's Office for processing.
- The schedule adjustment option for fall enrollment will expire at the end of the day on Friday, May 16, after which no changes will be permitted until the beginning of the spring semester.
- Schedule adjustments cannot be made online.
Enrollment for Non-Degree-Seeking Students
These students may enroll by appointment beginning Monday, April 20.
Officially Admitted New Freshmen & Transfer Students
Fall Enrollment Confirmation
This is a process in which all students make final confirmation of their enrollment for the fall semester and take care of outstanding issues with various university offices. Students will receive a summer notification regarding details of the enrollment confirmation process.
The fall 2015 semester begins on Monday, Aug. 26