Enrollment Process | Baldwin City Campus
Summer & Fall 2016
Advising Period | Monday, March 21 - Friday, April 1
The advising period should be used to discuss and plan your schedule with your advisor. Students will not be released to enroll without first having met with their academic advisor.
Before online enrollment starts, be sure to check to see whether you are on an online registration hold. How to Check for Registration Hold
Summer & Fall Online Enrollment | Monday, April 4 - Friday, April 15
Online enrollment for all currently enrolled degree-seeking and non-degree-seeking teacher certification students will take place between Monday, April 4 and Friday, April 15.
- Students will be allowed to self-enroll through MyBaker.
How to Enroll Online
- You will not be cleared to enroll online without first having met with your academic advisor.
- Online enrollment is a real-time system in which your selections are immediately confirmed or a closed course is indicated, so it is to your advantage to enroll near the beginning of your designated enrollment period.
- Identify alternative courses in case a first-choice course closes before your designated enrollment time.
- After enrolling online, go back into your student account to confirm that what you think you are enrolled in is reality.
Real-time enrollment through MyBaker will occur according to the following seniority system based on cumulative hours earned (does not include current semester hours):
First Day to Enroll
98 or more (senior standing)
Monday, April 4
64-97 (junior standing)
Wednesday, April 6
30-63 (sophomore standing)
Friday, April 8
0-29 (freshman standing)
Tuesday, April 12
Online enrollment will open at 7 a.m. Baker IT and Registrar's Office staff will be available in the library computer labs at 7 a.m. on enrollment days to assist with student portal and enrollment issues.
Note: Teacher-certification candidates who already hold a bachelor’s degree may also enroll from the first day of enrollment.
Confirmation of Your Fall Course Schedule
At the conclusion of online enrollment, the administration will review course enrollments for areas of concern. Changes to course offerings as a result of this review will be communicated to you and you will have an opportunity to make schedule adjustments.
Summer courses that have low enrollment may be subject to cancellation. Students will be informed of any cancellations as early as possible and prior to the start of each summer session.
Summer Sessions Start & End Dates
- Summer I on ground | May 31 - July 1
- Summer II on ground | July 5 - Aug. 5
- Full summer | May 31 - Aug. 5
- Summer Away online | June 6 - July 24 ($199 per credit hour of Baker credit from wherever you spend your summer!)
Summer Enrollment Confirmation
Confirm your enrollment in on-ground summer courses by attending class. If you do not attend class by the second day of the session your enrollment will be deleted.
Confirm your enrollment in online courses electronically. Information about this process will be sent to you before to the start of the summer session.
Late Enrollees for Summer & Fall (April 18 & Later)
Late enrollees will not be able to enroll online, but may submit an enrollment form to the Registrar's Office for processing.
Additional Adjustment Period for Fall Schedule
If you have enrolled in courses during the online enrollment period and want to make adjustments to your schedule, you may do so from Monday, April 18 through the end of final exam week, May 19. Please submit an add/drop form to the Registrar's Office for processing.
- The schedule adjustment option for fall enrollment will expire at the end of the day on Friday, May 19, after which no changes will be permitted until the beginning of the fall semester.
- Schedule adjustments cannot be made online.
Degree-Seeking Students | Full-Time Enrollment
For financial aid and athletic eligibility reasons degree-seeking students must be pre-enrolled in 12 or more credit hours (full-time status). Students should validate full-time enrollment status through their student portal (class schedule). Students not registered for 12 or more credit hours need to correct this deficiency through add/drop at the Registrar’s Office before the end of the semester, May 19.
Enrollment for Non-Degree-Seeking Students
These students may enroll by appointment in the registrar's office beginning Monday, April 18.
Officially Admitted New Freshmen & Transfer Students
Fall Enrollment Confirmation
This is a process in which you will make final confirmation of your enrollment for the fall semester and take care of outstanding issues with various university offices. You will receive a summer notification regarding details of the enrollment confirmation process. This information will also be posted on the website.
The fall 2016 semester begins on Monday, Aug. 24.