PC & Software Minimum Standards & Support
All Windows and Mac operating systems that are still supported through the manufacturer.
Microsoft Office 365 is available at no cost through your student email account. Office may be required for certain courses; refer to your course syllabus.
Virus & Spyware Removal Software
Baker requires students connecting to the Baker network to have anti-virus software or install the anti-virus software provided by Baker. It is also recommended that students install all Windows updates. Students must have both security and anti-virus software installed on their computers.
Students are responsible for the following:
- Complying with the Baker University Information Technology Responsible Use Policy and other related policies
- Installing Windows updates whenever they become available
- Activating and scheduling scans with their anti-virus software
- Keeping PCs free of spyware and other malicious network programs
- Hardware problems
- Software installation, de-installation and updates
If a student needs technical support for items for which he or she is responsible or general troubleshooting support, the student should locate a reputable computer repair specialist. Computer Services cannot endorse any particular service specialist.
Computer Services is responsible for the following:
- Assisting with connecting to our wired and wireless networks
- Providing anti-virus software
For more information, go to http://itweb.bakeru.edu/baker_faq