Tips for Taking the ACT
In addition to helping you gain admission to Baker, your test score can also help determine your scholarship amount. Use our Scholarship Calculator to see which scholarship you might be eligible for.
How to Prepare for the ACT
- Take a class. Organizations like Kaplan and the Princeton Review exist to help you. Yes, they can be expensive, but if a class helps you get several thousand more dollars in scholarship money, it's worth it.
- Know how the test works. Understand that you receive one point for a correct answer and are not penalized for a wrong one.
- Keep your pace up. If you don't know an answer, put a dot on your question booklet and come back to it. Make sure to guess on each question. It's a free shot.
- Take practice tests. Lots of them. There is no better way to prepare.
- Check out some of the following links:
Send Your Scores to Baker
We accept scores sent directly from the testing agency or those included on high school transcripts. When taking your test be sure to include Baker University's code:
- ACT code - 1386
- SAT code - 6031