Concurrent Credit Partnership
Blue Valley | Shawnee Mission | DeSoto
Baker University's Concurrent Credit Partnership allows qualifying high school students in the Blue Valley, DeSoto and Shawnee Mission school districts to experience college-level coursework and to earn Baker University credit while still in high school. Courses are taught by the student's high school staff on their high school campus during regular school hours.
- High school students from the Blue Valley, DeSoto or Shawnee Mission school districts who are in an approved concurrent credit class and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible to earn Baker University credit.
- A student's readiness for concurrent credit courses will be determined by the quality of the student's portfolio and by staff recommendation.
- Baker University credit is earned upon completion of the course with a grade of C or higher.
- High school students may earn a maximum of 26 credit hours from Baker University.
- Concurrent Credit Partnership students pay a reduced rate of $100 per credit hour.
- Academic and financial advantages:
- Student success in rigorous courses
- Affordable university credit
- Reduction in college expense
- Interaction with highly qualified faculty:
- High school staff are master teachers.
- Collaborating Baker University staff hold doctoral degrees.
- Experience with college-level work while receiving support from your high school teacher
- Counselor's guidance in determining readiness for college-level coursework
How to Enroll
If you would like to participate in Baker University's Concurrent Credit Partnership, contact your high school counselor for more information.
Course list will be available soon.
General Grading Policies
- Baker University uses a straight letter grade system: Plus and minus grades are not given. The only grades available to the instructor are A, B, C, D and F.
- A grade of “incomplete” is not an option for concurrent credit courses. Students should contact their school counselor in the case of exceptional circumstances.