Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements between Baker University and our partner schools improve the transfer process by providing a plan for transferring your credit hours to Baker. While Baker welcomes applications for admission from any student, the agreement pertains to students who earn an associate degree with a minimum GPA of 2.6 on a 4.0 scale.

What an Articulation Agreement Means for You

  • If you earn an associate degree More Info with a GPA of at least 2.6 from a partner school, you are guaranteed admission to Baker University.
  • Partner-college coursework completes all Baker Quest (general education) requirements except for SN 231 Transfer Salon II (3 credits), upper-level Quest requirements (9-10 credits), and SN401 Summit Salon (1 credit).
  • If you have not completed a minimum number of credit hours in natural science, physical science, arts or humanities, you will fill these requirements through specific Quest courses.
  • If your cumulative GPA is greater than 2.6, you will qualify for an academic scholarship. You may also seek additional financial aid based on extracurricular involvement and financial need.
  • Baker guarantees the acceptance of all associate degree program credits More Info as long as the course grades are C or higher and the course number is 100 or higher. This includes courses counted toward the associate degree taken through high school dual enrollment arrangements.
  • Baker University grants credit for work completed through the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), advanced placement tests (AP) and International Baccalaureate program (IB). Details regarding score requirements and fees appear in the Baker University Course Catalog.

A full description of the agreement for each school can be found in the links to the right.

How to Transfer to Baker

  • Complete Baker's admission application. There is no application fee.
  • Submit an official copy of either your final high school transcript or GED scores to the Office of Admission, Baker University, P.O. Box 65, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
  • Submit official copies of academic transcripts from all colleges attended to the Office of Admission, Baker University, P.O. Box 65, Baldwin City, KS 66006. When available, the final partner-college transcript, showing completion of the associate degree, must be sent to Baker.
  • When selecting partner-college courses, plan to include at least 6 credit hours of natural/physical science, and 6 credit hours of arts or humanities (creative expression) in the overall curriculum. This sequence best prepares you for academic success at Baker.
  • Submit credentials from CLEP, AP, or IB experiences to the Office of Admission, Baker University, P.O. Box 65, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
  • Consult with the Office of Financial Aid about scholarship options and recommended completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • After receiving an offer of admission and assuring family comfort with financing details, Baker University representatives will provide assistance with all subsequent enrollment steps including housing, board plan selection, course registration, health services details, orientation, and so on.