This canopy-based REU project offers students of all abilities the opportunity to explore and learn.
The REU-Canopy Program is supported by the National Science Foundation. Participants receive a $500 per week stipend, housing and allowances for food and travel. Full participation in the site program, oral presentation, and submission of a final report are mandatory.
To apply, submit the online application:
Eligibility and Restrictions
- A student may participate in the program only one summer.
- A student must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- A student must be enrolled in a degree program leading to a baccalaureate or associate degree.
- A student must be 18 years of age or older.
Material Required to Complete the Application
- Completed online application form
- A one-page statement of interest explaining why you are interested in field research, herbivory, tardigrades, insects, or the canopy (uploaded with online application)
- Current college transcript sent to Dr. William Miller, Baker University, PO Box 65, Baldwin City, KS 66006-0065
- Two letters of recommendation emailed to reu-canopy@bakerU.edu or mailed to Dr. William Miller, Baker University, PO Box 65, Baldwin City, KS 66006-0065