MAEd Program Requirements
The MAEd is a 36-credit-hour degree program that consists of the following coursework:
Core Requirements | 18 credit hours
- EDU 5111 Enhancing Communication and Embracing Understanding (the requirement for those students entering the MAEd program after July 2012) EDU 6104 Writing at the Graduate Level (the requirement for students entering the MAEd program before August 2012). EDU 5111 must be completed before a student enrolls in any other required MAEd course.
- EDU 5101 Learning Theories and Instruction
- EDU 5102 Assessment Strategies
- EDU 5103 Curriculum Development and Design
- EDU 5531 Today's Learner
- Research course: Choose one research course from the following three options:
- EDU 5120: Action Research in the Classroom
- EDU 5121: Inquiry and Research
- EDU 5108: Differentiated Classroom Instructional Practices
Education Electives | 9 credit hours
- Must be approved graduate-level course in education.
- Any EDU/OTL/ETC* course that is not a part of the core requirements fulfills this requirement.
*ETC stands for educational technology course and is an education elective course.
Liberal Arts Electives | 9 credit hours
Approved liberal arts courses begin with prefixes other than EDU, ETC, OTL or MAS.
Previous | Next