MAEd Program Requirements
The MAEd is a 36-credit-hour degree program that consists of the following coursework:
Core Requirements | 18 credit hours
- EDU 5111 Enhancing Communication and Embracing Understanding (the requirement for those students entering the MAEd program after July 2012)
- EDU 6104 Writing at the Graduate Level (the requirement for students entering the MAEd program before August 2012).
- EDU 5111 must be completed before a student enrolls in any other core MAEd course.
- EDU 5101 Learning Theories and Instruction
- EDU 5102 Assessment Strategies
- EDU 5103 Curriculum Development and Design
- EDU 5531 Today's Learner Research course: Choose one research course from the following options.
(Note: research courses are not offered in the summer I and summer II terms.)
- EDU 5120: Action Research in the Classroom
- EDU 5121: Inquiry and Research
Education Electives | 18 credit hours
- Must be approved graduate-level course in education.
- Electives are chosen from one of four concentration areas: technology, curriculum and instruction, multicultural classrooms and student diversity, or generalist. A list of concentration courses is given to students in their enrollment meeting.
- Any EDU/OTL/ETC* course that is not a part of the core requirements fulfills the education elective requirement.
*ETC stands for educational technology course and is an education elective course.
Previous | Next