Graduate courses taken before applying to the MAEd program are evaluated upon written request after applying to the program. Up to 6 graduate semester credit hours may be considered for transfer into the MAEd program, provided these courses meet the following criteria:
- Were taken for graduate credit from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Received a grade of "A" or "B"
- Are germane to the student's curriculum
- Were not used in acquiring any other degree
- Are not outdated in content (not more than six years old)
- Were not earned through correspondence study or independent study
Additionally, a course description from the catalog in effect at the time the course was taken must be on file, and an official transcript sent directly from the granting institution must be received. Courses taken prior to starting the degree program that were offered through Baker University's continuing education program may also be requested to apply toward the education electives. The total number of transfer credit hours from another institution, Baker continuing education, or a combination of the two may not exceed 6 credit hours. Transfer credit hours may not satisfy any portion of the 18-credit-hour core requirement of the MAEd program.
To have your transfer credit evaluated, you must do the following:
- Request to have an official transcript sent directly from the granting institution to Baker University. If your credits were earned through a Baker continuing education or co-op course, you do not need to request an official transcript.
More information on graduate transfer credit can be found in the Catalog & Student Handbook.