Fifth Annual Undergraduate Art History Conference at Baker University
Saturday, April 26, 2014
9 a.m. | Morning Session | Owens AV Room
- Brett Knappe | Welcome and introduction of moderators
- Baker Speech Choir Performance
- Ashley Wehmiller (Ball State University) "A Bird's Eye View: Examining Haussmann Era Aerial Paintings of Paris"
- Rachel Winter (University of Iowa) "The Death of Semiology After Conceptual Art"
- Alexandra Jagodzinski (University of Wisconsin-Madison) "Pornography and Performance Art: Exploiting the Erotic through Vanessa Beecroft, Carolee Schneemann, and Karen Finley"
- Abigail Jones (Baker University) "Exposing the Myth of Suburbia and Envisioning the New American Landscape"
- Jillian Martin (Portland State University) "Images of the Virgin Mary Before and After the Age of Iconoclasm"
11:30 a.m. | Lunch Reception
Noon | Afternoon Session | Owens AV Room
- Baker Poets: Jacqueline Albin, Erin Wilson, Denesha Jones, Sydney Johnston and Caroline Berblinger
- Kelly O'Neill (University of Utah) "Intentional Conflations: The Filmic Practice of Tseng Kwong Chi"
- Joseph Liberatore (Temple University) "Windsor Castle: Fortress of Restoration During the English Civil War"
- Brontë Mansfield (University of Wisconsin at Madison) "Chasing Tail: Mermaids as Emblems of Unfulfilled Desire in the Long Nineteenth Century"
- Olivia Gauthier (Hunter College) "Ryan Trecartin and the (Re)Construction of Gender"
- Anna Ensz (Asbury University) "Metaphysical Grief: Michelangelo's Pietá in Renaissance Rome"