Students who have graduated from the Theatre program at Baker University go on to pursue careers in stage management, acting, design, lighting programming, costume management and teaching.
Here are examples of our many accomplished alumni working in the area of Theatre:
- Bob Linebarger, Denver Little, Josh Morgan, and Justin Whitaker, all 2010 graduates, have formed Chuckle Buckets, an improv and comedy troupe working out of the Kansas City area.
- Kyle Duck, 2009, works onstage at various theatres in the Kansas City area and builds scenery for the American Heartland Theatre.
- Denver Little’s original script “The Bottom of Everything” was performed at the Unicorn Theatre as part of the 2011 Kansas City Fringe Festival.
- Susan Surman, 2008, serves as the chief operating officer of Harvest Productions in the Kansas City area.
- Brian Berrens, 2007, and Doogin Brown appeared in the Coterie Theatre's production of A Separate Peace.
- Amanda Luthi, 2007, works at the Joe Belasco Makeup School in Orlando.
- Doogin Brown, 2005, is working in area theatres, including Coterie Theatre, American Heartland Theatre, New Theatre Restaurant and Shakespeare in the Park. He most recently appeared in Saved at Kansas City Repertory Theatre.
- Former Baker student Becky Barta returned to the American Heartland Theatre to revive her title role in Always . . . Patsy Cline. At the same time alumnus Doogin Brown was playing a major role just down the Crown Center mall in Reefer Madness at the Off Center Stage.
Other graduates regularly work in following venues:
- Theatre in the Park
- American Heartland Theatre
- New Theatre Restaurant
- Brownville Summer Theatre
- Starlight Theatre
- Unicorn Theatre
- Topeka Civic Theatre