Student in Crisis


If there is concern about imminent danger or the seriousness of the situation, call 911 and Baker Campus Safety immediately at 785.594.8430. Non-emergency situations should be reported to the Student Affairs Office.

  1. The following situations involving students should be referred to the Student Affairs Office.
    • Alcohol and other drug-use concerns or emergencies
    • Death or serious accident of a student, friend or family member
    • Mental health concerns
    • Physical injury
    • Sexual assault
    • Rape
    • Suicide or threat of suicide
    • Violent or aggressive behavior
  2. Contact the Student Affairs Office to assess the situation and make appropriate contacts and referrals:
    • Dean of Students: 785.594.8431
    • Associate Dean of Students: 785.594.8473
    • Director of Health Center: 785.594.8409
    • Counseling Director: 785.594.8409
    • Minister: 785.594.4562
  3. If approached by the media, please refer them to the public relations director, 785.594.8330. Do not make other statements. Especially do not say “no comment.” It is okay to tell the media, “I do not have that information right now. Please give me your number and your call will be returned.”