Student or Employee in Crisis
An individual displaying extreme anxiety and/or abnormal difficulty coping, or who reports being involved in alcohol and other drug use, death or serious accident involving a relative or friend, mental health issues, physical injury or illness, sexual assault, rape, suicide or threat of suicide, or violent or aggressive behavior.
- If there is concern about the seriousness of the situation or imminent danger to the student, employees or others, call 911 and state your location.
- Contact the director of academic advising office if a student is in crisis or the director of human resources if an employee is in crisis to assess the situation and make the appropriate contacts and referrals:
- Director of academic advising: 913.344.1240
- Director of human resources: 785.594.8426
- Employees report the situation to their supervisor, director, dean or the vice president of their area, who will report the situation to the appropriate administrators.
- If approached by the media, please refer them to the public relations director, 785.594.8330. Do not make other statements. Especially do not say “no comment.” It is okay to tell the media, “I do not have that information right now. Please give me your number and your call will be returned.”