Mabee Memorial Hall - Athletics Staff Offices, Athletic Training Room, Shore Weight Room, Fitness Center and Wrestling Practice Facility
Mabee Memorial Hall debuted as Taylor Hall in 1908 and is where President William Howard Taft delivered the first public pronouncement of the federal government for world peace on September 24, 1911. When the original building burned, it was restored in 1947 as Memorial Hall to honor those who had served in World War II. When it was renovated in 1972 through a generous grant from the Mabee Foundation, it was given its current name. In 1995, Mabee Memorial Hall was completely renovated and houses the departments of Business, Psychology and Sociology. It is also home to the athletic director, physical education department and several coaches on the second floor. Baker's old gymnasium is still used on the hall's second floor. Baker's old gymnasium on the second floor is used for practices. On the ground floor is the Shore Weight Room and the University's fitness center.