Delta Pi Chapter
What is Phi Beta Delta?
Phi Beta Delta is an international honorary society that was founded at California State University, Long Beach in 1986. It was established as a national organization in 1987 with 38 chartered chapters. It is the first national honor society dedicated to recognizing scholarly achievement in international education.
The goals of the Phi Beta Delta Society are:
Phi Beta Delta has three categories of membership:
- to recognize the scholarly achievement of international students and scholars, U.S. students who have studied abroad and faculty and staff who are involved in international activities;
- to serve as a vehicle for the development of academic-based international programming;
- to provide a network on each campus of faculty, staff and students involved in international endeavors; and
- to extend this network to thousands of members in chapters across the country and throughout the world.
Once an individual is nominated for membership, he or she is invited to the chapter's annual installation meeting where the individual becomes an official member of the society. If you are interested in becoming a member of Phi Beta Delta, or would like more information regarding Baker's Phi Beta Delta Chapter, please contact Judy Smrha, Delta Pi Chapter Coordinator.
- international (non-immigrant) students (upper division and graduate) who have demonstrated high scholastic achievement at their institutions;
- domestic students (upper division and graduate) who have demonstrated high scholastic achievement in the pursuit of academic studies abroad; and
- distinguished faculty, staff and visiting scholars involved in international endeavors such as teaching, administering exchange programs, conducting research, or providing services and programs to international students and scholars.
Back to Delta Pi Chapter Homepage
Calendar of Events
List of chapter officers and members
Phi Beta Delta International Society Webpage