Position: Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Terry Zerr, known as Coach Z brings enthusiasm, coaching experience and knowledge of the Heart of America Athletic Conference to Coach Dooley’s staff. Zerr, beginning his 15th season at BU, originally joined the Wildcat staff under longtime head coach Rick Weaver from 1997 to 2001 and returned for his second stint at the start of the 2004-2005 season.
The Hays, Kan., native began his coaching career at Eudora High School, where he served as the head boys basketball coach from 1990-1997. Between his two Baker stints, Coach Z served as an assistant coach for Mike Jeffers at Johnson County Community College, in the highly respected Jayhawk Junior College Conference.
As the top assistant, Coach Zerr will handle scouting, practice and game planning, player development, and coordinate recruiting efforts. He also will serve as a student-athlete mentor for the Wildcat basketball program.
Zerr has a bachelor’s degree from Fort Hays State University and a master’s degree from the University of Kansas.
- Upset Bid comes up Short for BU against No. 11 BC
- EJ Carter again Leads Baker past Graceland
- Carter & Fulks Combine for 53 points in Loss at CMU
- Wildcats Fall to MNU, 75-60
- Missouri Valley Shoots Past Baker, 69-60
- Men's Basketball Alumni Day set for Feb. 7
- Baker Suffers Tough Home Loss to Peru State
- Full Slate of Events set for Thursday Night