International Business - Country Data
- CIA World Factbook
- Brief guides to countries with sections on geography, population, government, economy, transportation, and defense. Updated periodically.
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact Sheets
- These notes are updated by reports from regional bureaus of the U.S. Department of State. This site also refers viewers to Country Information sections of the State web site for more in-depth information.
- Country Information
- The International Monetary Fund provides resources. Also covers some territorial entities that are not states. Dependent territories of member countries are listed alphabetically.
- Country Profiles, BBC News
- Instant guide to the history, politics and economic background of countries and territories, and to background on key institutions.
- Country Profiles from the Australian government
- Sections on the current business situation, visiting the country, a country overview, websites and resources, doing business, and contacts.
- Country Studies/ Area Handbooks
- The on-line version of books previously published in hard copy through a program sponsored by the U.S. Army. Because the original intent of the Series' sponsor was to focus primarily on lesser known areas of the world or regions in which U.S. forces might be deployed, the series is not all-inclusive. At present, 101 countries and regions are covered. Notable omissions include Canada, France, the United Kingdom, and other Western nations, as well as a number of African nations. The date of information for each country appears on the title page of each country and at the end of each section of text.
- Access from: Business Source Premier
Comprehensive and regularly updated reports on every recognized independent country. Robust reports include coverage of a given country's history, economy, government, political landscape including foreign policy orientation, business and investment climate, socio-cultural scene including key demographic features, and pertinent environmental issues.
In the first space, type: country review
In the second space, type: name of your country
- International Data Base
- From the Census Bureau, this site provides demographic information on foreign countries.
- International Economic Trends
- International Economic Trends simplifies the search for worldwide economic indicators. The site provides links to individual indicators (such as GDP and CPI) for each country, as well as a detailed description of the data. Descriptions are searchable by title, country, subject, and keyword.
(Organization for Economic Organization and Development)
- Established in 1961, the OECD promotes policies designed to enhance living standards among its members. Currently the organization has 34 member countries, mostly wealthy developed countries. Best known for its publications and its statistics, its work covers economic and social issues from macroeconomics, to trade, education, development and science and innovation.
Slide your mouse over the book jacket for more info. Click on it to see the catalog entry. You can find this title in almost all local libraries, including Baker University Library.