International Business- Country Data
Prepared by UHY’s member firms, each ‘Doing Business’ guide covers country specific business information, including an overview of the country’s political and business environment; investment climate; foreign investment; setting up a business; labor issues; taxation, accounting, and more. They are written in a clear and straightforward manner, making these particularly good sources if you want a basic understanding of a country’s political, business, and economic system. Issues surrounding tax and accounting are strongly emphasized. UHY is a network of independent accounting and consulting firms with offices in over 270 major business centres in 86 countries.
- Executive Planet
- Business culture guides for a selection of countries for international travelers.
- FITA:The Federation of International Trade Associations
- Includes a long list of sites targeted to the topics of business etiquette and communication abroad.
- Country Commercial Guides
- Published by the Dept. of Commerce, Country Commercial Guides contains informative chapters on the correct form of "Doing Business" in a particular country. All are full text searchable, as well as key word searchable by country or product.
- Country Insights
- Provides guidance, advice, and insights on the cultural norms of countries around the globe. It's from the Canadian federal government and offers insider and unusual information on factors ranging from displays of emotion from a country's citizens, conflicts in the workplace, hierarchy and decision-making, formality, relationship building, and more.
Slide your cursor over each book cover to see full information. Click on it to see the catalog entry.
If we don't own it, you'll have to request it on Interlibrary Loan, which you'll be able to do directly from the catalog site.
If it's an online book, you'll be able to view it right away, using your Baker Library ID.
If you'd prefer to see the books at a library near your home, you can do the following:
1. Select the link, Worldwide Libraries Own this Item.
2. Once the screen opens, enter your zip code to find a library near your home that owns the title.
When seeking books on specific cultures and their behaviors, try the following search terms in any library's card catalog:
- business ethics--[country name]
eg: business ethics--Mexico
- business etiquette--[country name]
eg:business etiquette--Saudia Arabia>
- businessmen--[country name]
- corporate culture--[country name]
- [country name]--ethnic identity
eg: Japan--ethnic identity
- [country name]--social life
eg: Czech Republic--social life
- intercultural communication
- national characteristics, [nationality]
eg: national characteristics--Indonesian