International Business - Industries
Industry associations are good sources of statistical and overview information. On the web, trade association home pages cover news and legislative concerns. Most include productivity reports, as well as data analysis and trends for their industry.
Business Insights Global
In addition to providing basic information about companies and industries, both domestic and international, this database includes information on 70,000 trade associations worldwide. Follow these steps to find a trade association for an industry.
1. From the top of the screen, select the Industries tab.
2. In the box in the left column, labeled "Search by industry name (NAICS), type a descriptive name for your industry or if you know it, use the industry's NAICS code.
3. When your industry appears, select it.
4. In the next screen, you will see a shaded box labeled, "Related Content".
5. Select the link, "Associations".
6. You will be left with a list of associations that monitor your industry.
Federation of International Trade Associations (FITA)
The FITA Global Trade Portal is a source for international import export trade leads, events, and links.
Slide over the book jacket for more info. Click on it to see the catalog entry.