The most current information on non-profit business topics, as well as historical information, can frequently be found in magazine, journal, and newspaper articles. Below, find both Business databases and Specialized databases. Also included here are some key journals that are often cited in nonprofit literature.
- ABI/Inform Complete
- Provides indexing for articles from international professional publications, academic journals, and trade magazines.
- Business Insights Global
- Provides indexing of articles with information on companies, markets and industries. Specializes in access to business and trade journals, newspapers and company directory profiles.
- Business Source Premier
- Provides indexing for articles covering nearly every area of business including management, economics, finance, accounting, international business, and more.
- Full text of thousands of newspapers, journals, and magazines in a variety of subject areas as well as business research.
- Catalog of Nonprofit Literature
- Searchable database of the literature of philanthropy. It incorporates the unique contents of the Foundation Center's five libraries and contains approximately 28,000 citations. It is updated on a regular basis.
- Philanthropic Studies Index
- An index to the literature on voluntarism, nonprofit organizations, fundraising, and charitable giving. The bulk of the citations are from academic journals, dated 1940 to the present.
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)
- Covers nonprofits in the field of education.
Chronicle of Philanthropy
Weekly news journal of the nonprofit sector. Offers the complete contents of the new issue, an archive of articles since October 1997, and two issues worth of grant listings -- all fully searchable. You can search the full run of this publication in:
Academic Search Premier
Bills itself as "The leading business publication for nonprofit management". You can search the full run of this publication in: Small Business Reference Library
Philanthropy News Digest
A daily news service of the Foundation Center is a compendium in digest form, of philanthropy-related articles and features culled from print and electronic media outlets nationwide.