FEMA Independent Study Program
College Credit for FEMA Independent Study Program (ISP) Courses
Baker University has approved many FEMA ISP courses for college credit. Students have the opportunity to take FEMA courses free of charge and apply them to a Baker degree program. Fees are required to transfer the credit, but it is an affordable option.
Download the procedure and course list.
- Visit the FEMA training website: http://training.fema.gov/is/crslist.aspx?all=true. This page identifies all of the courses FEMA offers, but not all are available for Baker credit. Approved Baker courses are listed here. Some courses are stand-alone, while other courses need to be combined for credit.
Plan approximately 15 hours to complete a single credit.
- Before taking the courses, verify with your student services representative (SSR) that the courses will work for your degree completion plan. Baker has a technical credit maximum of 12 credits. Depending on previous transfer credit, students may go over this maximum by completing FEMA courses. Baker policy also states that a maximum of 30 credits can be transferred from assessed opportunities. This includes military credit, CLEP/DSST testing, and PLA portfolio credit. Your SSR can help ensure maximums are not exceeded.
- Upon approved course selection, click on the course link. On the right side is a box labeled "TAKE THIS COURSE." Depending on the course type, it will either have a link that says "Download Course Materials" or "Interactive Web-Based Course." Some courses are comprised of PDF materials to study independently and some have an interactive course.
- After completing the course, click on "Take Final Exam Online" to submit answers to the multiple-choice exam questions. To take these courses, students are required to be a United States citizen and give FEMA their social security number.
- Upon successfully completing the course, FEMA will email a PDF certificate. Save the certificate by using the course number and your first initial and last name as the document name (e.g., IS301_jstudent).
- Upload the certificate(s) to the FEMA section (Topic 7) of the PLA portfolio. After all certificates are uploaded, complete the submission form and pay the submission fee of $100 online.
- Certificates will be reviewed and processed within two weeks of submission. An invoice for the verification and documentation fee of $30 per credit will be sent via Baker email.
- One-time submission fee of $100, due at the time of submission of certificates
- $30.00 per credit verification and documentation fee, due after credits have been processed and invoiced directly via Baker email
|Arkansas City, Kan.|
|Arkansas City HS|
Personal: Colby Watters was born in Tulsa, Okla., and is the son of Aaron and Jayne Watters… Has three siblings; Colton (16), Cassey (16), Calley (18)… Attended Arkansas City HS in Arkansas City, Kan…Wrestled for Greg Buckbee…5A State Champs, Three-time State Finalist, Four-time State Placer… Chose Baker over Princeton, Colorado School of Mines, and Benedictine…Transferred after one season from Colorado School of Mines…. Nickname is 1,000 Watts… Loves the outdoors, hunting, and fishing… Majoring in Petroleum Engineering.
|Camden Catholic HS|
Personal: Matt Sausman was born in Philadelphia, Pa., and is the son of Kathleen Sausman… Has two siblings, Chris (28) and Sean (26)… Attended Camden Catholic HS in Cherry Hill, N.J., where he wrestled for Pete Di Pol and Jerry Boland… Four-time State Champs…Three-Time State Placer (3rd, 8th, and 3rd)… Previously wrestled at Rider University in Lawrenceville, N.J… Chose Baker to get a degree and win a national title… Enjoys Fantasy Football… Major is Accounting.
Personal: Juan Rivera was born in Vorhees, N.J., and is the son of Yocelyn Rivera and Rick Eli….Oldest of six children… Attended Paulsboro HS in Paulsboro, N.J… Wrestled for Paul Morina and Dean Duca…2010-2011 Group 1 State Champs, 2010-2014 SJ Group 1 Champs, Four-time District 29 Finalist, Two-Time District 29 Champion, Two-Time Region 8 Finalist, Region 8 Champ, 2014 placed 3rd in the State… Enjoys hanging out and eating… Majoring in Exercise Science
Personal: Michael Kunard was born in Olathe, Kan., and is the son of Tim and Bridget Kunard…Has three siblings; Ben (24), Austin (23), and Curtis (21)… Attended Wellsville HS in Wellsville, Kan…Wrestled for Brad Burkdoll, Andy Wright, and Casey Quinlen…State Baseball Champions 2014…Chose Baker to play college sports close to home…Major is Pre-Med.
|Kansas City, Mo.|
|Bishop O'Hara HS|
Personal: Eero Johnson was born in Jackson, Tenn., and is the son of Tim and Eija Jackson… Attended Archbishop O’Hara HS in Kansas City, Mo., where he wrestled for Kevin Stanley… Played his freshman season at Benedictine College before transferring to Baker… Enjoys fishing and reading… Majoring in physics and engineering.
|Las Vegas, Nev.|
|Las Vegas HS|
Personal: Antonio Jauregui was born in Las Vegas, Nev., and is the son of Shannon and David Juaregui… Youngest of four children… Attended Las Vegas HS and wrestled for Greg Gifford… 2011 State Champions, Individual State Champ, Scholar-Athlete… Nickname is Ant… Enjoys ping-pong… Majoring in Business.