The Spencer Wing
In 1925, the collection was housed in an alcove in the library in Case Hall. When the Collins Library was built in 1960, Kenneth A. Spencer, who had served on the Baker University Board of Trustees from 1944-1956, became aware of the need for an environmentally controlled and secure facility. He and his wife, Helen Foresman Spencer provided this wing to house the collection in a controlled and secure environment. Mr. Spencer died before the building was completed, but Mrs. Spencer took an exceptionally active part in the project, furnishing it with a seventeenth century drawing room, the Urishay Room, which provides a wonderful atmosphere and space for special events.