How to Protest Your Grade
The information you provide will be passed to the appropriate academic department for review. A formal grade-protest form will be provided to you along with directions concerning our grievance process.
Academic Grievance Process
Students must initially attempt to resolve grievances of an academic nature with the individual instructor. For those cases in which the student feels the matter has not been satisfactorily resolved:
ATTN: Academic Grievance Committee
8001 College Blvd., Ste. 100
Overland Park, KS 66210
- The formal grade protest form will be mailed to the student with directions concerning the academic grievance process.
- The student's completed grade protest forms must be received by Baker University within 90 days of the last date of the course to be protested.
- The faculty member is mailed the student's completed grade protest form and is expected to respond in writing within the deadline assigned by the Academic Grievance Committee.
- A copy of the completed faculty member's response form is mailed to the student. Once the student receives this notification, he or she has 30 days to request in writing that the case be reviewed by the Academic Grievance Committee, giving specific rationale for the review. This request should be directed to Baker University, ATTN: Academic Grievance Committee.
- All the written documents submitted by the student and faculty member with relevance to the case will be reviewed by the Academic Grievance Committee.
Grade changes may be made administratively only if there is sufficient reason to believe that the grading procedure was idiosyncratic, biased or issued incompetently. Such determinations must be made by the Academic Grievance Committee, which meets quarterly to review pending grievances.