Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (PK-12)
Learn how to become a more effective leader and gain a better understanding of decision making at the executive level.
The Ed.D. curriculum consists of 59+ credit hours and prepares educators for PK-12 district-level administrative positions. The program is built on five fundamental strands:
- Effective leadership practices
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Communication and collaboration
- Beliefs, values and ethical issues
- Enrichment through diversity
Program objectives are closely aligned with Kansas State Department of Education and the Interstate Leadership Licensure Consortium standards for district leadership.
Attend classes in Overland Park or Wichita.
- The Ed.D. program fits the demanding schedules of adult educators.
- Doctoral classes meet from 6 to 10 p.m. one night a week for seven weeks.
- The Ed.D. is delivered in our popular cohort model.
- Coursework is completed in two years.
- The third year is devoted to completing the dissertation.
- The Ed.D. program is approved by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (312.263.0456, ncahlc.org).
- The district licensure program is approved by the Kansas State Department of Education.
Baker programs are approved for federal financial loan programs.