The Ed.D. curriculum consists of 59+ credit hours. Students have their choice of tracks:
- The new higher education track prepares graduates for leadership roles at the collegiate level.
- The preK-12 leadership track builds on our success developing exceptional educators in primary and secondary schools.
33 Credit Hours of Core Leadership Courses
- Foundations of Educational Leadership
- Collaborative Leadership in a Community Context
- Statistical Analysis
- Leading Special and Diverse Populations
- Methods of Inquiry and Research
- Developing Professional Learning Communities
- Curriculum, Learning, and Instruction
- Legal, Policy, and Ethical Issues in Leadership
- Human Resources Management
- Management of Finances, Facilities, and Resources
- Program Planning and Evaluation
8 Credit Hours of Colloquia & Field Experience
16+ Credit Hours of Clinical Research
2 Credit Hours of Portfolio Paper & Presentation
The culminating project of the Ed.D. program is a clinical research study. This study demonstrates your ability to design, conduct and report the results of original research.