Master of Science in Special Education
Campuses: Overland Park, Topeka, Wichita
Our 33- to 36-credit-hour MSSE program prepares you to work with K-12 students who have adaptive needs, making you both highly marketable and highly valuable to school districts. Licensure paths include K-6, K-6 with 5-8 and K-12.
MSSE Program Highlights
- Apply for licensure in special education at the end of the program.
- Learn from instructors who are current or veteran special education teachers.
- Apply curriculum to your real-life work experiences.
- Fit graduate studies into your existing schedule and lifestyle with accelerated classes
- Take one class at a time for seven weeks. Classes are taught on campus, online, and as a hybrid of both.
- Complete the program in approximately two years.
The MSSE curriculum is based on the following standards:
- Kansas State Department of Education (for K-6, K-6 with 5-8, 6-12, K-6 with 6-12 high-incidence special education licensure)
- Council for Exceptional Children
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Core Propositions