Master of Science in School Leadership
Our 37-credit-hour program prepares future administrators for the issues and challenges found in schools today. The MSSL prepares teachers and qualified school personnel to secure a PK-12 building administration license in Kansas or certificate in Missouri.
Campuses: Overland Park, Topeka, Wichita
Gain the Following
- Leadership skills
- Practical experience while working alongside a practicing school administrator
- Opportunities for professional growth
MSSL Program Features
You can fit graduate studies into your existing schedule and lifestyle:
- Take core leadership courses on campus and core education courses online through our blended program.
- Meet for class one evening a week or online for seven weeks.
- Complete the program in approximately two years.
Apply & Start Anytime
- Classes are held year-round.
- New classes start every seven weeks.
Baker graduates consistently report that the knowledge they gained in class was immediately transferable to their daily professional lives.
- More assistant principals in Kansas have earned their master's degree from Baker University than from any other university.
- Baker is among the top-four Kansas universities chosen by principals employed in public schools.
- 97% of Baker's MSSL graduates pass the School Leadership Licensure Assessment on the first attempt.
Our instructors are current or former educators who have amassed years of first-hand knowledge and experience. You will learn from highly knowledgeable veteran instructors who have been closely affiliated with many different school districts and have held a variety of administrative positions.