Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (PK-12)
Learn how to become a more effective leader and gain a better understanding of decision making at the executive level.
The Ed.D. curriculum consists of 59+ credit hours and prepares educators for PK-12 district-level administrative positions. The program is built on five fundamental strands:
- Effective leadership practices
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Communication and collaboration
- Beliefs, values and ethical issues
- Enrichment through diversity
Program objectives are closely aligned with Kansas State Department of Education and the Interstate Leadership Licensure Consortium standards for district leadership.
Ed.D. Program Features
- Our Ed.D. program fits the demanding schedules of adult educators.
- Doctoral classes meet from 6 to10 p.m. one night a week for seven weeks.
- Coursework is completed in two years.
- The third year is devoted to completing the dissertation.
- This three-year program has a locked-in tuition rate of $36,500.
Cohort Delivery Model
The Ed.D. is delivered in our popular cohort model.
- The courses you need will always be available.
- Courses are scheduled according to a predetermined timeline.
- Complete the coursework in about two years.
You will become a more effective leader and gain a better understanding of decision making at the executive level by working closely with faculty, both in the classroom and as advisors. Baker faculty...
- Are educational leaders with vast knowledge of relevant and effective educational practices.
- Have served in a variety of leadership positions in educational institutions.
- Bring diverse perspectives on leadership to the classroom.
- The Ed.D. program is approved by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (312.263.0456, ncahlc.org).
- The district licensure program is approved by the Kansas State Department of Education.
Baker programs are approved for federal financial loan programs.