Kansas City Southern


About Baker University

Founded in 1858, Baker University is the oldest university in Kansas and offers innovative adult degree programs in evening and weekend classroom settings as well as online. Baker University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (312.263.0456, ncahlc.org). Our accreditation has been continuous since first awarded in 1913.

Apply College Credit to Your Degree

Kansas City Southern and Baker University have developed a unique partnership that allows employees an opportunity to earn college credit for approved KCS training courses.

Because Baker is an accredited university, these credits may be applied toward a degree. Contact your institution to see if these courses can be used to complete your degree. If you’ve taken TRAX Learning courses or other KCS training in the past, follow the steps below to register and have those courses placed on a Baker University transcript. They may still be eligible for credit.

Apply your college credits to a Baker University degree. Learn more about our degree programs.

Application Process for Earning College Credit

  • Set up an introductory session with KCS manager of organizational development and training.
  • Identify the course(s) you would like to take from the list of approved courses.
  • Complete an approved TRAX Learning or other approved KCS training course. (Consult your TRAX Learning course catalog for guidance and information).
  • Turn in the completed pdfenrollment form with payment of $50 per credit hour to the manager of organizational development and training or your HR generalist. The manager of organizational development and training will verify course completion and passing scores and submit documentation to Baker University.
  • If you are seeking KCS Educational Assistance, follow the KCS Educational Assistance application process to receive approval and verify current eligibility status. You may locate the policy through the Human Resources page on the KCS Intranet. (Educational Assistance requires minimum overall passing score of 80%.)
    • What if I’m not eligible for education assistance?
    • You may still apply your TRAX Learning toward college credit at $50 per credit hour; however, you will not receive reimbursement from the company.
  • You will receive an email notification when college credits are posted. Credits are posted monthly pending KCS verification of current education assistance eligibility status.

Frequently Used Links

Transcript Request Form
Receipt Request Form
pdfSocial Security Number Opt-Out Form

Learn More

Learn more about our partnership with Kansas City Southern by calling 913.491.4432 and asking for a Kansas City Southern representative or by emailing us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.