11.24.10 | Football
BU football inks DeGraeve and Heller
BALDWIN CITY, Kan. – Baker University head football coach Mike Grossner has announced the signing of two key recruits for the 2011 football season. 6-foot-1 inch quarterback Jake Heller (Lenexa, Kan.) and 5-foot-11 wide receiver Logan DeGraeve (DeSoto, Kan.) have officially signed National Letters of Intent with the Wildcats.
11.6.10 | Football
Seniors set for final home game at Liston Stadium
BALDWIN CITY, Kan. - Mike Grossner’s football team flew into Liberty, Mo. and stole the 84th rivalry game between Baker and William Jewell on Halloween weekend, leaving the Cards thinking they’d seen a ghost.
Down 9-3 with 2:33 remaining, quarterback Jake Morse orchestrated an efficient two-minute drill that culminated in a one-yard touchdown run by Scott Meyer to draw the Wildcats even.
“I think that meant a lot,” defensive coordinator Jason Thoren said. “It’s really the first situation where we have had to have a two-minute drill, go down 50 yards and score, and we just really executed to perfection. We stress big-time plays are just everyday plays at big times, and it was a great accomplishment for us.”
“The feeling on the sideline was remarkable.”
- Sims, Stevenson Invited to National Bowl All-Star Game
- Football Earns 21 HAAC All-Conference Selections
- Baker Ends Football Season Ranked No. 18
- No. 7 Missouri Valley Edges No. 12 Baker, 27-24
- Baker Moves up a Spot to No. 12
- Three Wildcats Named to Capital One Academic All-District List
- No. 13 Baker Bounces Back for 28-14 win over CMU
- Football Ranked No. 13 in this Week’s Poll