10.15.10 | Football
Wildcats set to face rival Benedictine College Saturday afternoon
BALDWIN CITY, Kan. – Baker University and Benedictine College have a long football history. A victory over Benedictine Saturday just might be what the ‘Cats need to re-energize their squad in a year the program celebrates its 120th year of football.
10.5.10 | Football
Chumley named HAAC Special Teams Player of the Week
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Baker University’s Garrett Chumley, a junior from Tonganoxie, Kan., was named Heart of America Athletic Conference Special Teams Player of the Week on Monday for his performance in the Wildcats’ 63-10 victory over Culver-Stockton on Saturday.
Chumley averaged 46 yards on four punts, including a 70-yarder.
The Wildcats will be back in action Saturday when they play host to No. 6 Lindenwood at 1 p.m. at Liston Stadium.
9.21.10 | Football
Xavier Lewis named HAAC Special Teams Player of the Week
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Baker’s Xavier Lewis was named HAAC Special Teams Player of the Week after compiling 146 yards on kickoff returns this past weekend against Avila University.
Lewis highlighted the scoring on Saturday night when he tied a school record, returning the Eagles kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown to put the Wildcats ahead 27-10.
“That was our knockout punch,” said head coach Mike Grossner. “I think the team felt pretty comfortable from that point forward.”
The Wildcats will return to action on Oct. 2 when they travel to Culver-Stockton College for a 1 p.m. CT kickoff.
- Football Program Lands 26 on National Signing Day
- Kansas City Sports Commission Names Coach Grossner Sprint Community Champion
- Baker Football Program Earns School Record 12 NAIA Scholar-Athletes
- Baker’s Sheldon Jacks Named NAIA All-American
- Sims, Stevenson Invited to National Bowl All-Star Game
- Football Earns 21 HAAC All-Conference Selections
- Baker Ends Football Season Ranked No. 18
- No. 7 Missouri Valley Edges No. 12 Baker, 27-24