Both players will represent the HAAC in the weekly selection process for the NAIA Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week awards, which will be announced Tuesday.
10.24.11 | Men's Soccer
Bickley and Lowndes named HAAC Players of the Week
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – With a victory over defending National Champion Hastings (Neb.) last Tuesday, and a win over Benedictine on Saturday, midfielder Tom Lowndes and goalkeeper Matt Bickley were named HAAC Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively, on Monday afternoon.
Lowndes scored the game-winning goal in the Wildcats’ 1-0 victory over No. 1 Hastings in overtime, ending an NAIA-record 39-game winning streak for the Broncos. He also added an assist in the ‘Cats 3-0 victory over No. 16 Benedictine College on Saturday.
Bickley claimed his second defensive award of the season, as he recorded two shutouts against top-ranked Hastings and No. 16 Benedictine. He currently has eight shutouts on the season and ranks third in the NAIA with a 0.43 goals against average.
Leave a comment
- No. 4 Baker Moves on to Heart Semifinals
- Didic, Houser Highlight All-Conference Awards for Men’s Soccer
- Men’s Soccer Jumps up to No. 4 in Latest Poll
- Blake Levine Captures Second Heart Weekly Honor of 2015
- No. 7 Baker Wins Heart Regular Season Crown
- Blake Levine’s Two Goals Leads No. 7 Baker over No. 9 MNU
- No. 7 Missouri Valley Ends No. 4 Baker’s Winning Streak
- Kyle Young Named Heart Defensive Player of the Week