Both players will represent the HAAC in the weekly selection process for the NAIA Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week awards, which will be announced Tuesday.
10.24.11 | Men's Soccer
Bickley and Lowndes named HAAC Players of the Week
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – With a victory over defending National Champion Hastings (Neb.) last Tuesday, and a win over Benedictine on Saturday, midfielder Tom Lowndes and goalkeeper Matt Bickley were named HAAC Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively, on Monday afternoon.
Lowndes scored the game-winning goal in the Wildcats’ 1-0 victory over No. 1 Hastings in overtime, ending an NAIA-record 39-game winning streak for the Broncos. He also added an assist in the ‘Cats 3-0 victory over No. 16 Benedictine College on Saturday.
Bickley claimed his second defensive award of the season, as he recorded two shutouts against top-ranked Hastings and No. 16 Benedictine. He currently has eight shutouts on the season and ranks third in the NAIA with a 0.43 goals against average.
Leave a comment
- No. 6 Baker Advances to HAAC Championship Match
- Didic, Phillips Sweep HAAC Awards
- No. 6 Baker Upsets No. 3 Graceland to Move onto HAAC Semis
- Four Wildcats Named All-HAAC Men’s Soccer Performers
- Men’s Soccer Enters HAAC Postseason as No. 6 Seed
- Baker Earns 4-1 win over CMU on Senior Night
- Missouri Valley Defeats Baker 3-1
- Baker to Honor 1989 HAAC Champion Men’s Soccer Team Nov. 1