Both players will represent the HAAC in the weekly selection process for the NAIA Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week awards, which will be announced Tuesday.
10.24.11 | Men's Soccer
Bickley and Lowndes named HAAC Players of the Week
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – With a victory over defending National Champion Hastings (Neb.) last Tuesday, and a win over Benedictine on Saturday, midfielder Tom Lowndes and goalkeeper Matt Bickley were named HAAC Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively, on Monday afternoon.
Lowndes scored the game-winning goal in the Wildcats’ 1-0 victory over No. 1 Hastings in overtime, ending an NAIA-record 39-game winning streak for the Broncos. He also added an assist in the ‘Cats 3-0 victory over No. 16 Benedictine College on Saturday.
Bickley claimed his second defensive award of the season, as he recorded two shutouts against top-ranked Hastings and No. 16 Benedictine. He currently has eight shutouts on the season and ranks third in the NAIA with a 0.43 goals against average.
Leave a comment
- Men’s Soccer Program Adds 14 Signees for 2015 Season
- Didic Selected to NAIA Third Team All-America
- Men’s Soccer Earns Five NAIA Scholar-Athletes
- Men’s Soccer Ends Season in NAIA Opening Round Match
- Men’s Soccer to Travel to No. 1 Rio Grande for NAIA Opening Round
- Men’s Soccer Captures Second-Straight HAAC Tournament Title
- No. 6 Baker Advances to HAAC Championship Match
- Didic, Phillips Sweep HAAC Awards