Both players will represent the HAAC in the weekly selection process for the NAIA Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week awards, which will be announced Tuesday.
10.24.11 | Men's Soccer
Bickley and Lowndes named HAAC Players of the Week
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – With a victory over defending National Champion Hastings (Neb.) last Tuesday, and a win over Benedictine on Saturday, midfielder Tom Lowndes and goalkeeper Matt Bickley were named HAAC Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively, on Monday afternoon.
Lowndes scored the game-winning goal in the Wildcats’ 1-0 victory over No. 1 Hastings in overtime, ending an NAIA-record 39-game winning streak for the Broncos. He also added an assist in the ‘Cats 3-0 victory over No. 16 Benedictine College on Saturday.
Bickley claimed his second defensive award of the season, as he recorded two shutouts against top-ranked Hastings and No. 16 Benedictine. He currently has eight shutouts on the season and ranks third in the NAIA with a 0.43 goals against average.
- Amer Didic Named Two-Time NAIA All-American, Emme Selected to Third Team
- Baker Men’s Soccer Becomes Nation’s Leader in NAIA Scholar-Athletes
- No. 3 Baker Ends Run with 2-0 Loss to No. 14 Columbia
- No. 3 Baker to Take on No. 14 Columbia in Second Round of NAIA Championship
- No. 3 Men’s Soccer Defeats Wiley, 2-0
- No. 3 Baker to Host Wiley in NAIA Opening Round
- No. 2 Missouri Valley Upsets No. 1 Baker in Heart Title Match
- No. 3 Baker Advances to Third-Straight Heart Championship Match