“Cari and Kelsey bring a blue collar work mentality to Baker,” said head coach Matt Windle. “They may not have the hardware and accolades, but they are down and dirty when it comes to putting the work in. The twins have an excitement for the game that is unparalleled. We are looking forward to them coming in and competing.”
Twins Sign With Baker
1.4.11 | Softball
Vollenwieder twins sign with Baker softball
BALDWIN CITY, Kan. – Cassville (Mo.) High School seniors Cari and Kelsi Vollenwieder have signed letter of intents to play softball at Baker University in the fall of 2012, head coach Matt Windle announced late last week.
Family roots don’t stem far from Baker, as their older sister Brittany enters her senior season on the Wildcats pitching staff. Their father Mark Vollenweider played on the 1986 NAIA National Championship runner-up football team.
Leave a comment
- Baker Splits Series Against Avila with Thrilling Walk-Off Win
- Evangel Spoils Baker’s Home Doubleheader with Sweep
- Baker Splits Home Series with MNU
- Baker Moves to 4-0 in HAAC with Sweep of Peru State
- Softball Sweeps Culver-Stockton in HAAC Opener
- Baker Falls to Buena Vista, 4-0 and 5-0
- Ottawa Shuts Out Baker for Two-Game Sweep
- Sammie Schroeder Earns HAAC Player of the Week