“Cari and Kelsey bring a blue collar work mentality to Baker,” said head coach Matt Windle. “They may not have the hardware and accolades, but they are down and dirty when it comes to putting the work in. The twins have an excitement for the game that is unparalleled. We are looking forward to them coming in and competing.”
Twins Sign With Baker
1.4.11 | Softball
Vollenwieder twins sign with Baker softball
BALDWIN CITY, Kan. – Cassville (Mo.) High School seniors Cari and Kelsi Vollenwieder have signed letter of intents to play softball at Baker University in the fall of 2012, head coach Matt Windle announced late last week.
Family roots don’t stem far from Baker, as their older sister Brittany enters her senior season on the Wildcats pitching staff. Their father Mark Vollenweider played on the 1986 NAIA National Championship runner-up football team.
Leave a comment
- Softball Ends Season in Day Two of HAAC Tourney
- Softball to Play MNU in First Round of HAAC Tournament
- Perfect Game Propels Nelson to HAAC Pitcher of the Week
- Baker Hosts First Annual Zach Kindler Wildcat Open
- Mallorie Nelson tosses Perfect Game in Win over Missouri Valley
- Baker Splits Series Against Avila with Thrilling Walk-Off Win
- Evangel Spoils Baker’s Home Doubleheader with Sweep
- Baker Splits Home Series with MNU