Service is an integral part of the student experience at Baker University. Most students get involved in at least one service project during their college career.
Baker students engage in community service locally and in the region, nation and even the world. Voluntary community service may be a one-time, short-term project or a lengthy, ongoing commitment by a group or just one student.
Projects organized by Baker reach beyond the campus to directly affect communities.
- Baker Serves
- The Big Event
- SWIPE Out Hunger
- Service with a Baker’s Dozen
- Up 'til Dawn
- Community Engagement Record
- Serve 2 Succeed
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
- Black Jack Battlefield Service Day
- Harvesters Community Food Network
More Than Lectures & Textbooks
Every service experience is integrated into and enhances the academic curriculum of the student.
We value learning that takes place not only within the classroom but also outside and within our community. Service learning courses promote hands-on learning by:
- Addressing community needs
- Engaging in civic responsibility
- Actively reflecting on the learning taking place
- Developing strengths that last a lifetime
Additional Service Opportunities
Find organizations located in and around Baldwin City that need volunteers to help them with their work.