The Interfraternity Council is the governing board of three national fraternities and one local fraternity at Baker University. Members are elected or appointed by their fraternities to serve as delegates. They work on behalf of all fraternity members to ensure that Baker's Greek system is a vital and active part of the University and community. Council members also work to promote academic achievement and create leadership opportunities for their fellow fraternity members.
IFC Nine Basic Expectations
These nine basic expectations of fraternity membership are approved and agreed upon by all the national fraternities associated with the North-American Interfraternity Conference.
- I will know and understand the ideals expressed in my fraternity ritual and will strive to incorporate them in my daily life.
- I will strive for academic achievement and practice academic integrity.
- I will respect the dignity of all persons; therefore, I will not physically, mentally, psychologically or sexually abuse or harm any human being.
- I will protect the health and safety of all human beings.
- I will respect my property and the property of others; therefore, I will neither abuse nor tolerate the abuse of property.
- I will meet my financial obligations in a timely manner.
- I will neither use nor support the use of illegal drugs; I will neither misuse nor support the misuse of alcohol.
- I acknowledge that a clean and attractive environment is essential to both physical and mental health; therefore, I will do all in my power to see that the chapter property is properly cleaned and maintained.
- I will challenge all my fraternity members to abide by these fraternal expectations and will confront those who violate them.