Academic Support & Tutoring Services
Student Academic Success offers a variety of academic support:
- SAS provides individual support in study skills, testing, problem solving and time management and drop-in tutor services free of charge to all enrolled CAS Baker University students.
- Peer tutors provide individual and group tutoring in most academic disciplines offered at Baker.
- Professional staff members are available to meet with students.
- Students may do homework and study for exams in the SAS. Computer workstations are available for students throughout the day.
- SAS provides ADA accommodations to qualified students.
- The SAS Testing Center is available for missed exams when approved by instructor and scheduled with SAS staff,
Peer tutors help students understand course concepts, work on their assignments and develop effective study skills. This collaborative service is free of charge to enrolled CAS students. Drop-in tutors are scheduled Sunday through Thursday from 7 to 11 p.m. No appointment is necessary for this service. Students with special tutoring needs or concerns are advised to contact SAS staff members.
SAS Professional Staff
SAS staff members provide academic support on a walk-in basis or by appointment Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call 785.594-8352 or email a staff member to schedule an appointment.
Student Academic Success Coordinator
ADA Title II Coordinator, Study Abroad Advisor
Collins Library 120
Academic Support Coordinator
Instructor of Mathematics
Collins Library 131