University Admissions Assistants
University Admissions Assistants lead campus tours for prospective Baker students and their families and escort them to scheduled appointments. They also arrange overnight visits for prospective students and host group activities and discussions during the visits.
Because UAAs are such a visible and important part of the Office of Admissions, the team consists of a select group of students. UAA members must be willing to learn about the history and traditions of Baker University, so they can help prospective students choose the college that is best for them. Students must be able to work four hours a week in the Admissions Office and at least one Saturday each semester. UAAs are available for events such as BU Visit Days, Scholarship Recognition Days and other campus events as assigned.
The ideal UAA candidate posses the following characteristics:
- Enthusiasm for Baker University
- Pride in Baker University
- Sense of humor
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Sincere concern for others
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Sense of responsibility
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to honor commitments
- Ability to communicate maturely and effectively with diverse groups of people
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Interest in student activities, organizations and events
Applications are available in early March. Interviews are conducted in late March and students are notified soon after. Students must also submit a faculty or staff recommendation.
For More Information