Make the World Your Classroom
Spend a Semester, Full Year, Summer or Interterm
Baker offers a full range of options worldwide, in almost any discipline:
- Our study abroad director helps you find a program to match your needs and interests.
- Combine challenging academic coursework with international travel and cultural exploration.
- Many English- and world-language programs are offered around the globe.
- Credits will transfer from approved programs, and most financial awards can be applied to study abroad programs.
Our most popular destination is England’s Harlaxton College, the British campus of the University of Evansville, recently ranked the No. 1 study abroad program by Best College Reviews. Since 1989, more than 500 Baker students have studied at the Victorian manor house one hour north of London.
Explore Your World
Recent Baker students have studied throughout western Europe as well as Australia, New Zealand, China, Mexico, Hungary and Turkey.
Why study abroad?
Studying abroad . . .
- Deepens understanding of yourself and the world.
- Fuses education with adventure.
- Fosters international contacts and lifelong friendship.
- Builds confidence and independence.
- May include internships and service learning.
- Enhances resourcefulness and adaptability, the two skills most desired by employers.
- Increases career options and professional marketability.
Will I earn credit? Will it count toward my degree?
Yes. All credits transfer. Strategic planning ensures no lost time.
Can I afford it?
Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
- Most Baker University financial awards and scholarships can be applied to study abroad for one full semester.
- Most federal, state and private scholarships, grants and loans apply.
- Most program providers offer specific study abroad scholarship opportunities.
Where will I live while I study abroad?
- Home stays with host country families
- Student housing
- Off-campus living
What are my options for experiences abroad?
- Semester abroad programs
- Academic year abroad
- Summer study abroad
- Travel Interterms
- Internships abroad
- International service learning options
Do I have to speak an international language to study abroad?
No. Many study abroad programs are offered in English-speaking nations. In addition, many programs feature courses taught in English in non-English-speaking nations. If you don't speak a foreign language or feel you are not ready for full immersion, many programs exist for study of language at all levels. Study abroad is a perfect time to start.