Military Training Credit FAQ

We accept American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations for military education and training offered by the military service branches. The first step is to get an official transcript of your military training. In the event that you do not qualify for a transcript, we can evaluate your military records for possible credit.

Where should I send official copies of military transcripts or military training documentation?

Please request that your official transcript be sent directly to Baker University at the following address:

Baker University | School of Professional & Graduate Studies
7301 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210

Baker University | College of Arts & Sciences
Office of Admission
PO Box 65
Baldwin City, KS 66006

Baker University | School of Nursing
Pozez Education Center
1505 SW Eighth Ave.
Topeka, KS 66606

How do I get my Army, Coast Guard, Marine, or Navy transcript?

JST is the Joint Services Transcript that has replaced the Coast Guard Institute Transcript, the Army/American Council Transcript (AARTS) and the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART). JST is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service member's military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations.

To learn more about the JST and to request your official transcript be sent to Baker University, visit

We cannot accept personal copies of transcripts for credit transfer purposes. The JST makes your official transcript available for retrieval by Baker's designated official.

What if I don’t qualify for a transcript?

If you don’t qualify for a transcript we may still be able to evaluate your military training for college credit. In this instance, we can use copies of your military training records to assess the value of your courses. Your DD Form 214 (Discharge Certificate) may contain useful information that will aid us in determining your credit award. Please forward a copy of your records to the PLA Center for evaluation.

If you have misplaced your military records, duplicate copies may be requested directly from the National Personnel Records Center by completing a Standard Form 180:

The completed form must be mailed or FAXED to:

National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
FAX: 314.801.9195

Additional information is available here: