SALUTE is the first national honor society for student military and veterans and recognizes the academic success of student veterans.
- Recognizes four levels of achievement.
- Encourages students to strive to improve their GPAs and advance to higher levels.
- Each tier allows access to specific scholarships and funding as determined by the national office.
All students applying for membership must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled as a student
- Qualify as military/veteran student under locally derived and maintained definitions. Applicant must submit a DD-214 Member 4 copy that displays the character of service (honorable discharge). Applicants serving on active duty or in the Guard or Reserves must submit a copy of orders for their current duty assignment.
- Must have a minimum of a 3.00 GPA (GPAs may not be rounded).
- Alpha tier GPA: 3.75 – 4.00
- Bravo tier GPA: 3.50 – 3.74
- Charlie tier GPA: 3.25 – 3.49
- Delta tier GPA: 3.00 – 3.24
- Have served or currently serving in the military, National Guard, or Reserves (If no longer serving, must have been honorably discharged from service)
- Maintain the highest ethical standards
A one-time, nonrefundable, $20 lifetime membership fee is due at the time of initial application. Checks must be made payable to SALUTE National Honor Society. The majority of these membership fees go toward scholarships for student veterans across the nation attending schools that participate in SALUTE.