Your Acceptance of These Terms
Notice to California Residents
Notice to Utah Residents
We do not disclose your Personal Information to any third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
We may collect Personal Information (defined below) from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit the Site, fill out a form, or in connection with other activities, services, features and/or resources we make available on the Site. “Personal Information” may include the following:
Contact Information. We may collect your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number (“Contact Information”).
Payment Information. We may collect your credit card number or other payment information (“Payment Information”) when processing purchases or donations.
Application Information. In addition to your Contact Information, we may also collect your gender, date of birth, social security number, prior academic information, and previous disciplinary information through our online application process (“Application Information”). Please see FERPA statement: bakerU.edu/compliance/#ferpa
We will collect Personal Information on the Site only when you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to submit your Personal Information, but doing so may prevent you from utilizing all functions and activities provided on the Site.
We may collect information about you whenever you interact with and/or use the Site (“Usage Information”). Usage information may include the following:
IP Address. We may log all connections to our web servers. Those log files may save your IP address. An IP address is NOT Personal Information, but is general information about your location, connection to the internet, your browser, and your internet service provider. We are able to use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Site. Additionally, we may use your IP address to track your navigation of the Site and any other internal website searches.
Clear GIFs. We may also employ software technology called clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) that help us better manage content on the Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear GIGs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track your online movements. Clear GIFs and cookies are not tied to your personally identifiable information.
Embedded Scripts. We may also utilize embedded scripts that collect usage information regarding your use of the Site. We are able to use this information to improve the Site and your user experience.
How We Use Collected Information
Baker University may collect and use your Personal Information and Usage Information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service.
- To respond to your information requests more efficiently.
- To personalize your user experience.
- We may use aggregated Usage Information to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on the Site.
- To improve the Site, or our products and services.
- We may use your Payment Information to process payments or donations.
- We will only use your Application Information for our admissions review, evaluation, and decisions. We may also request additional information from you in this regard.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature.
- To send you information that we think will be of interest to you.
- To send periodic emails regarding Baker University and its educational products and services.
- We may use your email address to send you information and updates pertaining to your application and/or admission, or other Baker University service provided to you.
- To respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other information requests.
- If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include news, updates, and other information related to Baker University. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you may do so by following the instructions at the bottom of each email.
The Site does not treat browsers with a Do Not Track (“DNT”) signal differently from those without one. Moreover, the Site never collects Personal Information over time and across third-party websites or online services.
How We Protect Your Information
We utilize commercially reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information in our possession. Sensitive and private data exchange between you and the Site occurs over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. However, you acknowledge that no electronic storage method or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your Personal Information and Usage Information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
Except as otherwise provided above, we will only share your Personal Data with any other person or company when required to respond to or initiate subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes.
This Website Uses Google AdWords
Commitment to Children’s Privacy
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C., §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R., §§ 312.1-312.12, the Site does not permit children under 13 years of age to become users, and we do not intentionally collect information from children. By using the Site, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older.
618 Eighth Street
Baldwin City, KS 66006
This document was last updated on Nov. 8, 2016.
P.O. Box 65 Baldwin City, KS 66006 785-594-6451