Conducting Marketing Research
Brands and Products
For more detailed information about INDUSTRIES, consult How to Find Industry Information. The following sources that discuss INDUSTRIES are listed here because they have some relationship to BRANDS and PRODUCTS.
- Business Insights Global
You can find a company's brands and products by following these steps:
- Type your company name in the main search box.
- When you see your company's name in the results page, select the Brands link.
3. You will find a list of that company's brand names and products that can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Lexis/Nexis Academic
This is the section of Lexis/Nexis known as Company Dossier.
1. First, search and select your parent company.
2. From the left navigation area, under Snapshot, select: Brands.
- Business Searching Interface
This is an alternative interface to Business Source Premier.
It is easier to search for companies, industries,and market research reports from this screen.
1. At the opening screen, select:Company Profiles.
2. Type your company in the search box, and select: Browse
3. When the results appear, select: MarketLine Report.
4. When the .PDF report of the company opens, use the navigation column on the left, and select: Major Products and Services.
- Current Industrial Reports
Since 1904, the Current Industrial Report (CIR) program has been providing monthly, quarterly, and annual measures of industrial activity. The primary objective of the CIR program is to produce timely, accurate data on production and shipments of selected products. The data are used to satisfy economic policy needs and for market analysis, forecasting, and decision-making in the private sector. These surveys measure manufacturing activity in important commodity areas such as textiles and apparel, chemicals, primary metals, computer and electronic components, industrial equipment, aerospace equipment, and consumer goods.
Identifies suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors in North America, organized by product into 67,000 categories. This organization has been around about 100 years and has an excellent reputation. You can browse or search by keyword for news, companies, and product/service and brands, then narrow by other filters such as geography and company size. Includes press releases, mini company profiles, "industrial market trends," and blog comments on what's new and interesting in the field.
Slide your mouse over the book jacket for more info. Click on it to see the catalog entry.