ALL-STATE CHOIR AUDITION WORKSHOP
Formerly State Choir Music Learning Day
Friday, Oct. 5, 2018 | 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Rice Auditorium
Prepare for district and state choir auditions with Baker University choral faculty and Director of Choral Ensembles Dr. Ryan Olsen, who will serve as the workshop clinician.
Students must provide their own copies of the KMEA audition pieces and should bring a water bottle and pencil for the day. There is no workshop fee. Student lunch fee is $7; complimentary lunch is provided for teachers and sponsors.
The workshop begins at 9:30 a.m., so please arrive on campus around 9:15 a.m. in order to register. The workshop will conclude by 2 p.m.
- Sight-singing practice and tips to improve sight-singing success
- Clinic on audition repertoire for All-State Treble and Mixed Choirs
- Vocal technique workshops focusing on treble voices and changing tenor and bass voices
- Lunch in the Baker University dining hall and optional campus tour
- Performances by Baker University choirs
- Demonstration and practice of All-State audition process
- Strategies for audition success and dealing with performance anxiety when auditioning
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3.
Rice Auditorium | 404 Eighth St.
Download a map showing bus parking.
P.O. Box 65 Baldwin City, KS 66006 785-594-6451