It might have been a while since you wrote your last a college paper, or maybe you have never written one. Use the resources here to help you write an effective academic essay.
Your educational resource fee pays for the Pearson Writer service during your program. Be sure to take advantage of this helpful tool that is built for mobile devices.
- 24/7 writing and research support
- Writer’s guide for grammar, research, and writing support
- Instant feedback using the proofreading software
- Works-cited generator
- Microsoft Word add-in for streamlining your workspace
- Writing app for iOS and Android
- Imports from and saves to Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
Questions? Get more details and the link to register.
If you do not have a Pearson Writer Account, use this code to create one: PWIA48-DRILL-OLDEN-CLOUD-DOLBY-FAKES.
Smarthinking Online Tutoring
Every student has two free hours of tutoring per parent term.
- Get live writing assistance with a one-on-one tutor.
- Smarthinking is available for ANY subject.
- Your link to Smarthinking is located in your Moodle shell.
Learn more at smarthinking.com/student-resources.
An MLA formatting and style guide, this resource is updated to reflect theMLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (7th ed.) and the MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing (3rd ed.). It offers examples for the general format of MLA research papers, in-text citations, endnotes and footnotes, and the works cited page.
Son of Citation Machine (Citations)
Citation Machine is an interactive Web tool that assists you in your effort to respect other people’s intellectual properties.
SPGS Writing Across the Curriculum Rubric
Many instructors use rubrics to communicate their expectations and feedback for assignments. Baker’s writing across the curriculum rubric gives students an idea of what student writing should look like at SPGS.