Teacher Licensure Only

If you have earned a bachelor's degree and want to take the courses necessary to earn a teaching certificate, Baker offers two options.

Initial Teaching Licensure | Baldwin City Campus

Take professional education courses during the day on the Baldwin City campus.

Contact Tonya Simms at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 785.594.4502, if you have questions.

Restricted Licensure | Primarily Online Courses

Enter the teaching field while taking courses toward your initial teaching license.

If you hold an undergraduate degree in a specific content area or the equivalent content hours within a degree, the two-year restricted licensure program allows you to teach in a Kansas school district while completing your education courses.

Call 913.491.4432 and ask for the restricted licensure program specialist.